Christopher Johnson maintains his home on the internet with the 5 letter domain name and screen-name/alias, SPKML, which means many things but in this instance it stands for Some People Know My Links… other times it means Some People Know My Lyrics or even Somebody Please Keep Me Lucid…
Season 5, Episode 1 – SPKML
I only found out about the passing of Eddie Van Halen a week ago. I was completely shocked to find out that it has been￼ two months since he died. I decided to record a podcast in remembrance of the man who’s playing of the guitar inspired me to pick up the guitar and pursue￼￼￼ music. It was Van Halen who gave me a desire to play guitar and I can never thank him enough for this gift. I also can never thank him personally now and that makes me sad.￼
OR the episode’s long url = open.spotify.com/episode/0yrIvUBweXfSod4QMNFfsb
“Recovered Treasures” is now available to listen to and buy at SPKML.BandCamp.com which has just been launched. I will be moving my current releases from other streaming services to bandcamp.com and other social sites, as well as making my music available for sale through spkml.com… Stay tuned and Enjoy!
This was a J-card for a cassette that was printed in 1997 and given to Kenneth Epperson for safe keeping. As he was charged, it was kept safe and made it’s way back to me 22 years later.
This tape’s contents may be released sooner than later.
Things to notice:
- The acoustic guitar in the bottom picture is Stoney B and it’s got the painted SPEKTRUM Concept on the fretboard worn off… in places.
- You will notice the name of the tape is SPECTRUM and not SPEKTRUM. [SPEKTRUM Creations was organized in 1997-1998 and the name was adjusted with the K, as the Germanic spelling would be…]
- There is a guitar in the top left pane which shows me( CJ ) playing a guitar which was a pawn shop guitar that I bought the parts for and built. This guitar was Stoney II.
- Stoney II has a couple distinguishing features.
- There is a ‘Marlboro’ style sticker that had another M word, which Slash signed for me in 1995 during the Snakepit tour which stopped in KCMO.
- The body of the guitar was and Explorer style and I cut the arm off of the bottom under the neck as you can see.
- It was sanded roughly and painted with spray paint in and off-white and a gold on the top of the body.
- The body was maple as well as the neck I’m sure.
- The guitar was pawned in 1996.
- The “Midnight Jam” picture is seen in the top right pane behind a poorly printed but relatively accurate version of the SPEKTRUM Concept.
I am looking to obtain an audio cassette four track recorder to archive and remaster a footlocker full of tapes I recorded from the 90s.
email me or contact me on social media “Attn: I have a 4track tape recorder”… thank you I look forward to finding something that works well and that I can afford….
Today I launched a new podcast with the title, “SPKML” which can be found at https://spkml.com/podcast (or just go to this site and use the ‘Podcast’ link in the menu).
This first episode is kind of long, celebrating 6 different versions of the first song I wrote back in 1992/1993, “The Night”.
[typedjs]I’m not sure what I will be doing over the first part of December other than writing and recording. It’s the content and the style that I’m not sure about yet.
I’d imagined I might try to tackle a certain type of album for this release. I seriously won’t know until I write the first phrases of the album before I know where it is going. Very thankful to be in Denver right now. L8r, cj[/typedjs]