This was a J-card for a cassette that was printed in 1997 and given to Kenneth Epperson for safe keeping. As he was charged, it was kept safe and made it’s way back to me 22 years later.
This tape’s contents may be released sooner than later.
Things to notice:
- The acoustic guitar in the bottom picture is Stoney B and it’s got the painted SPEKTRUM Concept on the fretboard worn off… in places.
- You will notice the name of the tape is SPECTRUM and not SPEKTRUM. [SPEKTRUM Creations was organized in 1997-1998 and the name was adjusted with the K, as the Germanic spelling would be…]
- There is a guitar in the top left pane which shows me( CJ ) playing a guitar which was a pawn shop guitar that I bought the parts for and built. This guitar was Stoney II.
- Stoney II has a couple distinguishing features.
- There is a ‘Marlboro’ style sticker that had another M word, which Slash signed for me in 1995 during the Snakepit tour which stopped in KCMO.
- The body of the guitar was and Explorer style and I cut the arm off of the bottom under the neck as you can see.
- It was sanded roughly and painted with spray paint in and off-white and a gold on the top of the body.
- The body was maple as well as the neck I’m sure.
- The guitar was pawned in 1996.
- The “Midnight Jam” picture is seen in the top right pane behind a poorly printed but relatively accurate version of the SPEKTRUM Concept.